A patch showing a white shield with a gold cross of the crusaders on a black background. The crusader shield was the symbol of the 8th British Army which the 2nd Polish Corps was part of.
These patches were made in Italy in the Town of Castelfidardo from July of 1944 just prior to the Battle of Ancona until around 1947. Castelfidardo was the center of accordion production (which used celluloid). However due to war the demand for musical instruments was low, as soon as the Polish troops arrived the local workshops began production of Polish insignia from the celluloid, patches and memorabilia.