A fine patch showing a lion with a rack in its paws, inside the rack a armoured arm holding a sword, red and blue background. Patch of the 6th Lwów Rifle Brigade which was part of the 5 Kresowa Infantry Division. As worn by the soldiers of the 2nd Polish Corps of General Anders fighting within the 8th Army in Italy. Made from combination of metal and plastic (celluloid).
These patches were made in Italy in the Town of Castelfidardo from July of 1944 just prior to the Battle of Ancona until around 1947. Castelfidardo was the center of accordion production (which used celluloid). However due to war the demand for musical instruments was low, as soon as the Polish troops arrived the local workshops began production of Polish insignia from the celluloid, patches and memorabilia.