Badge in the shape of a red shield, on the shield are two brown crosses and a brown crown above them. The badge shows signs of wearing.
This badge of the 65th Pomorski Infantry Battalion is in the shape of the coat-of-arms of Gdańsk, which made this a symbol of their unit and their special cloth badge. These badges were worn around 5 cm on the left side of the eagle cap badge on the beret. A very scarce badge of the 2nd Polish Corps.
These badges were made in Italy in the Town of Castelfidardo from July of 1944 just prior to the Battle of Ancona until around 1947. Castelfidardo was the center of accordion production (which used celluloid). However due to war the demand for musical instruments was low, as soon as the Polish troops arrived the local workshops began production of Polish insignia from the celluloid, patches and memorabilia.