Badge in the form of a maltese cross measuring 42 mm x 42 mm, on the obverse of the cross an eagle of the Polish Armed Forces in Exile, on the reverse an inscription (Polish Armed Forces in the West). Cross worn on a ribbon with vertical white and magenta stripes, blue, black and green.
Three rectangular bars on the ribbon in the order from the top: Narwik, Lagarde, Wilhelmshaven. Cross awarded to a soldier of the Independent Brigade of Podhalenski Riflemen, who fought in Norway in 1940, France in 1940, then in the 1st Armored Division in the Battle of Wilhelmshaven in 1945.
The cross was designed by Edward Gorol, made in the National Mint between 1978-1999. The crosses were given to the participants of the combat operation of the Polish Armed Forces in the West during the Second World War in 1939-1945.