A superb and scarce wz.39 Polish Cap badge made for the Polish Army in France. Made from December 1939 until April 1940 by Alavoine, 5 Rue Fresnel, Paris. One of the first cap badges for the Polish Army in Exile, on which most of other examples made later during the war were based. Very fine quality and detail. Made from a thick brass alloy, silver plated,wire fixing. Very good condition, near perfect. A beautiful and scrace example.